Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Soldiers Memorial, Kangaroo Flat

Soldiers Memorial Park, Kangaroo FlatThe Soldiers Memorial in the Bendigo suburb of Kangaroo Flat has this lovely Art Deco style brick entrance. In a way I like the solid beam of timber bearing the text "Soldiers Memorial" and the simple crosses in the niches on each of the gate posts better than the brickwork. I think all the elements work together well as a suitable entrance to the park area containing the memorial monument.

The remainder of the park is enclosed by a fence consisting of smaller versions of the gate posts joined by a single metal rail.

Soldiers Memorial Park, Kangaroo Flat



Reference
War Memorials in Australia website

2 comments:

  1. This gateway reminds me of one from this era in Enfield that I featured on my blog.
    Enfield, Coronation Parade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can see the similarities also.

    ReplyDelete