Saturday, June 23, 2012

MAC - Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói

It isn't deco! It isn't even old, just over 20 years, but it is one of the most amazing buildings in the world. Oscar Niemeyer's Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói (MAC).

Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói
Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói
Thanks to my friend Peter Sheriden for taking this picture of us at MAC
Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói
Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói
Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói
Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói
Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it is truly beautiful. Like the Jetsons coming to life! I think there are definite Art Deco inspirations in the themes and design though. It has that futuristic, optimistic, marching-towards-the-future kind of feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Emm. We were thinking Jupiter 2 from Lost in Space but The Jetsons serves just as well.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic post, as always.
    I am really impressed by your website.
    I actually added it to my blog list.I would be honoured if you could do the same for me - i also write sometimes about the art deco buildings so our websites have many things in comon
    Thanks and till my next comment
    http://architectureofeurope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete